Tears For Fears will perform in Durham this summer!
The iconic duo has announced a very special concert at Emirates Riverside, home of Durham County Cricket Club, on Saturday 27 July 2019, bringing their extensive catalogue of hits to Durham in what promises to be an incredible evening of music.
Following on from a hugely successful indoor Arena Tour, Tears For Fears have announced that they will play only a select number of outdoor summer shows and Emirates Riverside has been chosen as one of these venues. The band know that this part of the world has a very vibrant audience!
ABC will perform as very special guests at Tears for Fears’ Durham concert this summer. The legendary pop band led by charismatic singer Martin Fry will be bringing their most popular hits to the stage.
With sales of over 30 million albums worldwide, Tears For Fears songs have resonated and resounded throughout popular culture since 1981, yet they’re even more apropos than ever in the 21st century. Everyone from Kanye West and The Weeknd to Drake and David Guetta has sampled a song from Tears For Fears. You can hear their timeless anthems piping through The Wire, Donnie Darko, Straight Outta Compton, Mr. Robot and more.
Those songs comprise their first career-spanning Greatest Hits album; the aptly titled Rule the World; a bevy of enduring classics together such as Everybody Wants To Rule The World, Shout, Mad World, Woman In Chains, Pale Shelter, and more.
Win A Pair of Tickets To See Tears For Fears in Durham
Competition NOW CLOSED
If you don’t win, do not despair! Tickets for Tears for Fears at Emirates Riverside, home of Durham County Cricket Club, on Saturday 27 July 2019 are on General Sale now from the following online outlets:
General Admission Tickets
Early Bird – £32.50 + booking fee
On the Day – £50.00
Golden Circle Tickets
£60.00 + booking fee
On the Day – £70.00
Fast Track upgrades are available at lhgtickets.com
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
This is an outdoor concert and tickets are all standing.
Accessible Tickets Purchase Information:
Please call Ticketmaster’s Accessibility line on 0800 988 4440 (tickets subject to availability). Visit
Tears For Fears Contest Terms and Conditions:
- The ticket giveaway contest prize does not include transport or accommodation. The competition winner would have to make their own way to the Durham County Cricket Club for the concert on Saturday 27 July 2019.
- You must be available to attend the Tears For Fears concert at Durham County Cricket Club on Saturday 27 July 2019.
- Closing date for entry will be Friday 19 July 2019 at 12 pm GMT. After this date/time, no further contest entries will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- No cash or other alternatives to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another without giving notice.
- We will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- Photo ID will be required to collect your tickets at the venue.
- With regards to age restrictions for events taking place at Durham County Cricket Club, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.