Heavy Montreal announces more bands to play the festival on Saturday, July 27th and Sunday, July 28th at Parc Jean-Drapeau.
Heavy Montreal, presented by Black Label, has some amazing bands to look forward to! Dying Fetus joins the programming to inject a dose of their classic death metal and vicious blast beats into the Heavy Montreal weekend. Corrosion of Conformity is bringing their heavy, grimy metal to the festival for the first time with their best album in decades, No Cross No Crown.
Devin Townsend will perform an acoustic set on Saturday, July 27th, which he explains in his own words; “In a world of computers and social media, to be stripped of all the bells and whistles is a very important step for my reintroduction to the live concert world. I truly hope you’ll join me and I look forward to being the most honest I can be with you at these special shows.”
Demolition Hammer is classic New York thrash Metal at its finest. Original members Steve Reynolds and James Reilly brought the band back from a 23-year hiatus in 2016 and Heavy Montreal is one of their only Canadian dates.
Fresh off the release of Transcanadian Anger, Montreal doom metal band Dopethrone is bringing their skull crushing heavy sound and raging live show to get the stoners and the crusty punks headbanging together! The Great Sabatini is another Montreal band that will deliver an aggressive mixture of noise rock, doom, hardcore, and metal wrapped up in a burly sludge aesthetic. Harm’s Way is hardcore with serious metal and industrial influences. Their takes on the heavy breakdowns are both classic and modern – the band will be an interesting discovery for some and a must-see for those who know them.
Rounding out the new announcements is the addition of the 2019 Summer Slaughter Tour. Keep your eyes peeled as their lineup will be announced soon!
The Heavy Montreal Experience
Heavy Montreal is a yearly gathering taking place on a world-class festival site located just minutes from downtown Montreal on an island full of greenery, water elements, art installations and a variety of activities to discover! This summer, Heavy will go down on the newly renovated original festival site that fans know and love – only better! Get ready for:
– A massive mainstage and 2 other big stage environments with state-of-the-art sound and lights
– Heavy Mania, an insanely entertaining wrestling show you have to see to believe!
– The YUL EAT Gardens, featuring a premium food & drink menu to give fans a taste of Montreal’s famous culinary scene
– A Heavy Terrace for GOLD Pass holders, offering a prime view of the 2 primary stages
– Free admission for children 10 and under and a family friendly Kids Zone on site
– 2 full days of performances by over 40 of the world’s most renowned metal and hard rock bands alongside emerging local and national talent
Travel to Heavy Montreal
Fans from the US and abroad can take advantage of some great benefits:
– Visit the most metal city in North America!
– Enjoy Montreal’s world-famous bars and nightlife, and culinary scene that will keep you coming back every year! Did somebody say poutine?
– 2-Day Festival Passes starting at $135 USD
– Benefit from the exchange rate and save 30 cents on every US dollar
– Take advantage of our most “mellow” laws and relaxed environment
– Heavy Accommodations offer the best hotel rates right in the heart of the city, where you can reunite with the metal family!
Go for The Gold
The Gold Pass will get you access to:
– Fast-lane entry onto the festival site
– The HEAVY Terrasse with premium view of the main stages
– Exclusive concessions & bars
– Private premium washrooms