National Rock Review is expanding by going local!
From the early days of National Rock Review, a major ambition of ours has been to cover local music everywhere and give national, even international exposure to independent artists. While we have reported on a significant number of indie music acts, we were missing the particular local flavor, a story told in a way only the natives can describe. Now, we are doing that.
Today, we are launching the first in what will eventually be an extensive collection of local music scene columns starting with Jeff Crespi Rocks the Jersey Shore. Jeff Crespi is a veteran concert photographer and a longtime contributor to National Rock Review. As an East Jersey native with a passion for concert photography, Jeff has a unique perspective to tell the tales of local bars and concert halls, garage bands and street buskers, and the great national acts that breeze through the Jersey Shore.
Over the next year or two, we plan to add a dozen more new local music scene columns. Check back often and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to find out if we are coming to your hometown.
Recent Local Music Scene Articles:
- Morta Skuld at the Corktown Tavern in Detroit, MI - Death metal legends Morta Skuld unleash a feral neck snapping onslaught upon the chosen who gathered at the Corktown Tavern in Detroit.
- Jenevieve Cruz and the Submissives Recording New Music - The New Jersey rock group is in the studio and plans to release their new songs as singles.
- Deal Casino in the Studio With New Music On The Way - Deal Casino is back in the studio to record a full-length LP to be released this coming fall.
- New Guys on the Scene: Wicked Hollow - Wicked Hollow turns heads in New Jersey with their mix of indie and modern rock.
- The Cold Seas Officially Signed by Roc Nation – Exclusive Interview - The Cold Seas share what it is like having a song picked-up by Rihanna.