Week six of Gilby Clarke and Chuck Wrightâ€™s all star jam featured the return of Matt Starr, and some surprise guest appearances.
Gilby Clarke (Guns ‘n’ Roses) and Chuck Wright (Quiet Riot) welcomed back Matt Starr, fresh off his world tour with Mr. Big, for week sixÂ of their jam night at Lucky Strike in Hollywood.
This week’s highlights included:
- Teddy “Zig Zag” Andreadis on keyboard and harmonica, and taking lead vocal on Alice Cooper’s “I’m 18,” and Randy Newman’s “You Can Leave Your Hat On.”
- Evan Seinfeld and Ira Black from Attika 7, with Evan tackling lead vocals on the Doors “Roadhouse Blues.” During the second set, Evan and Ira were joined by Motorhead’s Mikkey Dee for “Ace of Spades.”
- Matt Starr taking lead vocals on Cheap Trick’s “Dream Police.”
- Joe Retta singing “With a Little Help From My Friends,” with a little help from Kenny Aronoff, Gene Black, and Debby Holiday.
- Dug Pinnick taking on Thin Lizzy’s “Jailbreak.”
- 16-year-old metal sensation Gabbie Rae returning to tackle Heart’s “Barracuda.”
- Audience members donating $20 to the Rock Against MS benefit to jump on stage and sing backing vocals on “Long Way to the Top If you Wanna Rock and Roll” (they all sounded great by the way).
- Debby Holiday’s blistering vocals on The Faces “Stay With Me.”
- The biggest surprise of the night wasÂ Jason Bonham showing up for the third set to guest on “The Immigrant Song.”
Lucky Strike Jam Night
Facebook | Twitter